July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Skylark Papers: Framed Art





I absolutely LOVE the Skylark Papers from Close To My Heart! They are my favorite paper pack in the newest catalog/idea book. Since I have a slightly bare wall on one side of my new scrapbook room, I decided to make some framed art with these beautiful papers. I haven't yet hung them on the wall, but wanted to get a few pictures in first, so you could see them all bunched together, and how the artwork extends from some picture frames to the next.
Here is a closer look at each picture:


Top left picture.


Top middle picture.


Top right picture.


Bottom left picture.


 Bottom middle picture.


Bottom right picture.

If you take a closer look at all of the pictures bunched together, you will notice a cohesive border around the entire lot of pictures, tying them all together as one big picture.
Here, you can see a closer look at how some of the page elements "extend" into their neighboring pictures:



I did not do any stamping on this particular project, just to show how easy it is for anyone to put something like this together, whether you stamp, or not. I did use ink to distress the edges of every green piece of cardstock in each picture:


I used a lot of chipboard pieces for this project. Most of them were from the Skylark Complements package. Since the artwork was already done for me, it was super simple to just press them out, apply adhesive, and adhere them. However, I did use the Cricut Artbooking cartridge to print out the pennant frames that you see in three of the pictures. Two of of the frames, I used as flat cardstock. One of the pennant frames was glued to the exact same size/shape piece of chipboard that comes in the Artbooking Cricut Collection:


Well, there you have it! This project was completed in one afternoon. Yes, there was a lot of work involved, but it was very easy to put together with such great products that coordinate perfectly together!
If you like this project, please be sure to Pin it!

Thanks for looking!

Suzanne.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...