July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Key Tags Using Ivy Lane Papers




Today I have two more tags for you from the CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and the Ivy Lane Paper Packet. These tags were very simple to make, but I did cheat a bit and put a tag and overlay together that weren't really meant for each other. I'll explain below...


Both tags were made from the same cuts. On page 63 of the Art Philosophy booklet, I used the tag cut, set at 4", with real dial size turned off.


Then, on page 70, I used the tag layer as the overlay. Make sure to keep all cuts at a default height of 4", with real dial size off.


Something you may notice right away is that those two tags are different shapes on the top. That's right! After they are glued together, you will have to do some minor trimming around the top where the key tag sticks out a little bit around the rounded corners of the overlay.


To make this tag, I used Bamboo as the background paper, and Hollyhock as the overlay. The cute paper used behind the key opening is from the Ivy Lane pack. I sponged around the Bamboo paper with Desert Sand ink (darker than Bamboo for a more dramatic, distressed effect). I sponged around the Hollyhock paper with Hollyhock ink.


To make the double key tag, I used the same cuts as above, but I also cut out a key and overlay to layer on to the tag. Back to page 63 in the Art Philosophy booklet:



Keeping with the 4" default, I cut the key out of Ivy Lane patterned paper, and the overlay out of Bamboo paper. The tag was made with Smokey Plum paper and the overlay layer was made with Blush paper. The paper behind the key cut-out is another Ivy Lane patterned paper.


To finish off this tag, I sponged the Smokey Plum tag with Smokey Plum ink, the Blush overlay with Hollyhock ink, and the Bamboo key with Desert Sand ink.

Remember the goodies I am giving away with the purchase of this, or any other CTMH Cricut cartridge bundle. Check that out HERE.

Thanks for looking!

I'll see you in the craft room,

 photo 7cc18a5f-d2ee-4e7d-b3ad-5b08f381063f_zps9cef04c2.png


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...