July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day "Hero" Card




Here is a patriotic card to celebrate Memorial Day today. For the main papers, I used a retired CTMH kit called, "Independence." I don't usually like to use too many retired products, as it makes it harder for others to duplicate. However, these papers were absolutely perfect for this theme.


You could always recreate this project by using alternating red and white paper strips for the stripes, and blue cardstock with star punch-outs for the stars.



To make this 5.5" x 4.25" card, I used Colonial White cardstock for the card base, and sponged around the edges with Desert Sand ink. Then I sponged around the stripes paper with Desert Sand Ink and glued it to the card base. I think the stars paper was meant for a 12" x 12" page, since the stars were very far apart. To get in as many stars as I could, I cut each star out individually from the patterned paper and adhered to the blue patterned paper from the kit. The edges were inked with Outdoor Denim ink.




I used the CTMH Cricut Artbooking cartridge for the medal and sentiment cut-outs. On page 65 of the Artbooking booklet, I cut the medal at a default height of 3". The "Hero" sentiment actually comes as "My Hero." I used the Hide combo feature in the Cricut Craft Room to hide the "My" and only print the "Hero" sentiment. You could always just print it out as is and cut off the "My," or use the entire phrase.




The background paper in the medal was a piece of patterned paper from the paper packet. The medal was cut with Outdoor Denim cardstock and inked with Outdoor Denim ink. "Hero" was cut with Cranberry cardstock and then inked with Cranberry ink. To finish off this card, I added 3 Durables Triangle Studs in the silver color to match the stars on the card. The gold studs would have also looked nice, given the vintage look to the papers. Luckily both gold and silver come in the package, so I was able to try out both of them!


Would you like to win this card? Simply leave a comment below, either letting us know who the hero in your life is, or commenting on the card itself. All comments published by midnight (PST) on Saturday, will be eligible. All countries may participate. A random winner will be drawn and announced here on the blog on Sunday.


I'll see you in the craft room, 
 photo 7cc18a5f-d2ee-4e7d-b3ad-5b08f381063f_zps9cef04c2.png


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...