July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My New Pegboard


I can be an "out of sight, out of mind" kind of girl. This is certainly true when it comes to my craft supplies. I can easily forget what I have, if it is not in plain view. I am currently in the process of revamping my craft space to include more open and/or see-through storage solutions. While this may look a little more cluttered than closed storage solutions (i.e. boxes, baskets, drawers, etc.), I am finding a good mixture of both that will suit my needs. Enter, the pegboard...


I purchased the 2' x 4' pegboard from The Home Depot. Although it came in a natural brown color, you can also purchase it in white, which will save you a step in creating this board. I chose to paint the board since I wanted a nice, bright white color, and saved some money from buying the ruddy, already painted white board. I spray painted the trim and corner blocks in a beautiful Lagoon color, which matches my craft space very nicely. I also painted the outside and handle of the middle bucket you see in the photo. Here are a few close-ups of the board...



My decorative scissors, all neatly lined up.


CTMH paper samples to use for cards, and some random packaged items that I would like to use up.


Over-sized ribbon spools which did not fit in my ribbon holder, crafting tools, and glitter (hiding in the green bucket).

Over all, I am very happy with the way the pegboard turned out! I may switch it around again soon, but it works for me the way it is right now. This project was fairly simple to create and adds a nice touch to my craft space. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that it sits on the wall behind a door. It is a good use of the small space that I had left on the wall, after my craft furniture took up the majority of the space. I definitely want to keep the door closed when I am in the room, so that I can look at this pretty board!

Thanks for looking!

Suzanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...