About Me

My photo

Registered Nurse, holistic health enthusiast, avid paper crafter, and lover of positive psychology!

July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Friday, June 20, 2014

Flashback Friday #5: How-To Books Past and Present





Welcome to another edition of Flashback Friday! Today I want to share a couple of the CTMH idea books, both past and present. The picture above is how the Reflections Scrapbooking Program and the Originals Card Confidence Program looked around 2003/2004. Yes, I still own these!

They used to come in a 3-ring binder, divided by tabs. I believe that there were three packages of "cards" to purchase for each program. Since I have them organized the way I want them, and not by purchase date, it's very hard to tell anymore.

Would you like to see what they look like today, ten years later?


Wow, talk about a make-over! Both books are now soft-cover (more affordable!), spiral bound, and contain ALL of the templates making up the program; no more purchasing separately to add to a binder.

Something to note that I can't get across in a photo, is that the WEIGHT of the books has gone WAY down. The binders were bulky and very heavy. The newest books are light-weight, with thinner, magazine-like pages.

Here is another look at the transformation:



Here is the interesting part... these books are truly timeless, so the actual program has stayed the same! Layouts and cards from a decade ago, still work within this program today! Take a look at the Reflections program:


It's the same layout with a modern day look and feel! While the newer books highlight newer stamps and papers, the templates remain the same. How about the Originals program:


Again, the same template, with a new look!

If your wondering why I still hang on to the binder books when I own the newer copies, I really can't tell you. Nostalgia maybe? Perhaps the big investment I put into the binders make them harder to part with? I do like to see the older papers and stamps on display, so I'll go back to the nostalgia excuse :o)

To learn more about these How-To books, and all of the others in the CTMH line, please see my in-depth post HERE.

I'll see you in the craft room,
 photo 7cc18a5f-d2ee-4e7d-b3ad-5b08f381063f_zps9cef04c2.png


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...