About Me

My photo

Registered Nurse, holistic health enthusiast, avid paper crafter, and lover of positive psychology!

July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"Perfect Day" Card



  

I recently purchased this adorable little stamp called, "Perfect Polka-Dot Day." It is one of a few stamps that are available individually in the CTMH Idea Book/Catalog. For $2.95, I couldn't resist this little cutie, which works very nicely with today's card.

For this card, I combined the Mojo Monday Challenge Sketch, with the Color Dare Challenge. This combination gave me the design you see in the card, and paper/ink colors of Indian Corn Blue and Buttercup to work with.



The card itself is 4.25" x 5.5" with a White Daisy cardstock base. The patterned paper is from the Jubilee Paper Packet.


I used a chevron embossing folder to emboss the blue circle paper, for a little bit of background interest. The grosgrain ribbon and acrylic flower are also from CTMH, but are now retired. The "leaves" for the flower were free-cut by hand, using Buttercup cardstock.

I will be linking this card to:

1. Mojo Monday, Challenge #350, found HERE. This week's sketch looks like this:
2. Color My Heart Color Dare, #98, found HERE. This week's colors are: Indian Corn Blue and Buttercup.

3. Heart 2 Heart Challenge, found HERE. This challenge is to use a bow or ribbon on the design.



I'll see you in the craft room,
 photo 7cc18a5f-d2ee-4e7d-b3ad-5b08f381063f_zps9cef04c2.png


8 comments:

  1. Such a cute card! The color challenge works great with the Mojo Monday sketch, too. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! Using only 2 colors can be a real challenge... it was fun!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, Sue. I can see this layout working for a gatefold card, too. Hmmm... off to my studio to give it a try! :) Thanks for joining the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, that would work very nice as a gatefold card. What a great idea Gretchen! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous card, Sue! I love your tilted sentiment and the pretty Jubilee papers you chose. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare this week!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie! Yes, it's time to use up those pretty Jubilee papers before they retire next month. *sniff*

      Delete
  4. I love your card. The colors are wonderful! Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...