July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Monday, June 16, 2014

It's a "Banner" Day




I was working on a big project over the weekend. I created a "Close To My Heart" banner! It's approximately 7 1/2' feet long and includes 11 individual 6" banners.

The banner was almost entirely made with cuts from the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. To make it sturdy, I hand-cut each triangle backing from medium weight chipboard (too thick to fit in my Cricut machine). All of the other triangle banner pieces, decorative center circles, and the words "to my," were cut from Art Philosophy


Although I could have also cut each individual letter from the font on the cartridge, I had some retired Irresistables chipboard alphabet pieces, that worked perfectly for this project. I was able to color them to match the project, and they offered a nice dimension to the project.


The papers and inks used for this project included: Skylark Paper Packet, Lagoon cardstock and ink, Sweet Leaf cardstock and ink, White Daisy cardstock, and Desert Sand ink.


I added a lot of coordinating CTMH products to decorate the banner. The Skylark Textiles were used extensively throughout the project to tie everything together and to add little shabby chic ribbons between each individual banner.


Other products used to decorate the banner included: Skylark Assortment pieces, Lagoon Houndstooth Washi Tape, Durables Triangle Studs, Teal Shimmer Trim, and some colorful blue and green sparkles, which are now retired.

While I am planning on using this banner at any craft fairs or vendor opportunities I may come across, it will also be used to decorate my craft room in the meantime. I love to show my CTMH pride!

I'll see you in the craft room,
 photo 7cc18a5f-d2ee-4e7d-b3ad-5b08f381063f_zps9cef04c2.png


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...