July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"Let's Celebrate" June SOTM Card




The June Stamp of the Month (SOTM) set "Kaboom," is extremely versatile, and can be used for so many different types of cards and scrapbook layouts! 

First and foremost, it's a no-brainer that this set is great for Independence Day and Canada Day in July, where a lot of fireworks are involved. Therefore, my card today showcases some stamps from this set in a patriotic way.

However, I will have a few more cards to show over the next few days, that utilize the same set, but have a completely different look and feel to them!



For the "Let's Celebrate" card, I used a 5.5" x 4.25" card base of White Daisy cardstock. I did not use any patterned paper for this card, just plain colored cardstock in Pacifica (blue) and Cranberry (red).

I began by stamping different sized fireworks, in Cranberry ink, onto the top half of my card base. I also used the Cranberry ink for the small stars throughout the card, and one of the "TNT" fireworks.

With Pacifica ink, I stamped the "Let's Celebrate" sentiment, a second "TNT" firework right next to the red one, and the "Bang!", "Pow!", "Bam" sentiments. I sponged around the cardstock with the corresponding inks.




For a fun sparkle to the card, I traced over certain elements, such as: the "TNT" sparks, the stars, portions of the fireworks, and all of the exclamation points on the card. I used Stickles brand glitter in red and blue for the sparkle.


June SOTM: "KABOOM"
Make sure to come back and see tomorrow's card... you'll hardly believe it's from the same set!

I'll see you in the craft room,
 photo 7cc18a5f-d2ee-4e7d-b3ad-5b08f381063f_zps9cef04c2.png



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...