July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Thursday, June 5, 2014

"My Favorite Memory" Card






Alright, let's get out our sanding tools and take out our aggression on some paper today! This card has been heavily distressed. If you don't like the look of distressing, or a beat up card (LOL!), then feel free to skip that step altogether.

I started with a 5.5" x 4.25" card base in White Daisy cardstock. My other cardstock colors were: Smokey Plum, Hollyhock, and Creme Brulee. My Smokey Plum cardstock was put through the wringer... literally. I sandwiched the piece inside a Chevron folder and then ran it through my Cuttlebug machine to emboss it. Now here's the fun part:




I took my sanding block from the CTMH Sanding Kit and rubbed all over the cardstock piece. Since Close To My Heart's cardstock has a white core (white paper in the center, regardless of the outside color), when the embossed (raised) area of this cardstock is sanded, the color comes off, exposing the white core! An interesting effect with minimal effort.

I added a little bit of color back in by sponging Smokey Plum ink around the edges of the embossed cardstock. The sanded portions really picked up the color!



I went ahead and sanded around the edges and center of all of my colored pieces of cardstock. Make sure to cut your banner ends first, so that you can really get in there and distress the "tails" of the little banners. The sentiment was stamped with Smokey Plum ink and the heart with Hollyhock ink (and then distressed a little bit). The stamp set was from the Skylark Workshops On The Go Scrapbooking Kit.

Here's another look at the card, and the colors I used:



I'll see you in the craft room,
 photo 7cc18a5f-d2ee-4e7d-b3ad-5b08f381063f_zps9cef04c2.png


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...