July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Friday, May 23, 2014

Flashback Friday #1: My First Scrapbook Page



Welcome to a new segment on my blog... Flashback Friday! I have seen "Throwback Thursday" and "Flashback Friday" all over blogland, Facebook, Twitter, etc., and it always seems like a lot of fun. Too fun not to participate.

So, you will find something from the past here every Friday. Sometimes it will be my old scrapbook pages and attempts at cards and paper projects. And other times, you will find new projects made with older, retired CTMH products and stamp sets. If I make a new project just for the post, then I will usually be giving it away to one random person who comments on the post.

Let's start off Flashback Friday with the first scrapbook page that I ever created, circa 1998. Here is a page from when my first child was born, over 15 years ago (excuse all of the blue blobs, which were a bad attempt at hiding his personal information).


Definitely very simple and clean, with the focus on the picture.


I used a Winnie the Pooh themed set for the paper frame (I think it was by Hot Off The Press). Just look at that tiny, little baby face! Oh, how I miss that stage *tear*.


The vellum stickers were by Me & My Big Ideas.


I even created pocket pages to hold some of the cards he received. The title came pre-made, and I cut it up a bit. Various baby stickers were used to decorate the pockets that I glued together out of cardstock. Underneath the two blue blobs are the tiny wrist and ankle bands that he wore in the hospital when he was born. I put those in a little self-adhesive clear pocket protector.

I hope that you enjoyed seeing my first attempts at scrapbooking. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Your turn to share: What was the first scrapbook page you created? Please let us know in the comment section below.

I'll see you in the craft room,

 photo 7cc18a5f-d2ee-4e7d-b3ad-5b08f381063f_zps9cef04c2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...