July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Friday, May 30, 2014

Flashback Friday #2: In Friendship's Garden





Welcome to Flashback Friday! I am very excited about today's flashback, because it brings me back to 2003, the year I first joined Close To My Heart. My absolute FAVORITE stamp set from the 2003-2004 catalog that year was a set called, "In Friendship's Garden." Not only was the set itself pretty, flowery, and versatile, but the official artwork for this set always looked so cheery and bright.

See that redish-pinkish color above? That's called Red Velvet. Long retired now, it was one of my favorite colors of all time. In fact, I still have some in my paper stash, which I hoarded from many years ago.

Here is the wooden set that I still own:




Let me show you some samples that I made when I first received this set. These were some of the first items that I had ever stamped at the time. Some of them are a little beat up, so bear with me.

A 12" x 12" scrapbook page:



A 6" x 6" scrapbook page:



A 7" x 5" card:



A 6" x 6" card:



A 5.5" x 4.25" card:



And a 3" x 3" mini card:




I still think that this set is beautiful. I wonder if I will still have it in another 10 years?

Do you still have any of your original stamp sets that you can't bear to part with? If so, which one? Let us know in the comment section below.

I'll see you in the craft room,
 photo 7cc18a5f-d2ee-4e7d-b3ad-5b08f381063f_zps9cef04c2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...