July Stamp of the Month

Cricut Image Search

Generated image

Cricut Machines

Search Amazon.Com

Monday, May 19, 2014

Gettin' Crafty With Altered Clothespins





I have been on a clothespin kick lately. Not for laundry, but for crafty, decorating ideas. Pretty little clothespins are great for clipping up pictures to ribbon or string, and clipping little notes or organizational cards to different bins and boxes. If you add a magnet to the back, you can stick them to your fridge or magnetized bulletin board to hang up quick notes, shopping lists, pictures, or kids' art.

I have tried a few different ways to decorate them, and my favorites so far have been with scrapbook papers, and Washi tape. When using scrapbook papers, you'll need to take the extra step of sealing the paper onto the clothespins to make them durable. A small coat of Mod Podge will do the trick. I used the Matte variety, which I purchased for about $4.50 from Walmart. You can use your 40% off coupon from Michaels and buy it for even less. 





Washi tape, or adhesive-backed paper tape, is a super simple way to decorate the clothespins. Since it has it's own adhesive, it will stick to the wood. You may want to seal it if it will be around water (i.e. in the kitchen).

I love the interesting geometric shapes, bright colors, and unique patterns, of these clothespins that I decorated with Washi tape from We R Memory Keepers:


I purchased the tape from Costco of all places. Close To My Heart also has a line of Washi tape that would be perfect for a project like this. If you are interested in seeing those styles, you can check them out here:




Here is a closer look at the CTMH paper clothespins. I also created a header card for them to attach to, as I am planning on selling them over at Etsy.

Lollydoodle Papers
Ariana Papers
Balloon Ride Papers
Ivy Lane Papers
Jubilee Papers
Timberline Papers
Skylark Papers
Thank you for dropping by today. I would love to hear how you have decorated clothespins. Please leave us a comment below. Thanks!

I'll see you in the craft room,
 photo 7cc18a5f-d2ee-4e7d-b3ad-5b08f381063f_zps9cef04c2.png



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Please keep in mind that this site is meant to be fun, so let's avoid the mean and keep it serene :o)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...